Significance of Having Good Health
Having good health is every person’s wish. Health is the basic condition of an individual’s mind and body that goes hand in hand. A person should strive to be of good health in all aspects, not just with their physical health. People go through a lot of hassle just to attain their perfect condition. There have been lots of research that have been conducted and that are still being pursued, covering everything of what and what’s not to take in or what’s to be done to attain the right fitness. There is plenty of information that’s available from health providers and from the internet. All of these are accessible for the general public.
With the continuous rise of killer diseases like cancer, diabetes, tuberculosis, AIDS, etc, there is a need to have the right information to ensure everyone is taking better care of himself or herself. These are some factors that have been identified to determine people’s health, which include:
- Genetics: There are diseases that are genetic in nature that people have little control of. These are diseases passed on from generations from other family trees through DNA.
- Gender: Some health conditions are gender sensitive and affect one gender only like ovarian cysts in women.
- Social and physical environment: This refers to where people live where social networks can affect one’s health greatly.
- Income: With a good income, one is able to take care of himself, taking necessary precautions. There are some conditions that have been regarded as the disease of the poor like tuberculosis due to the environment and some have been termed as the disease of the rich like gout for eating excessively. Some assumptions are not true since these illnesses can take hold of anyone.
- Education and literacy: Some health conditions are because of ignorance and lack of education or information regarding the sickness. Especially in developing countries, people lack information and knowledge.
- Cultural and personal healthy capability: Some societies continue with practices that endanger their well-being. Some people lack the capability of taking care of their bodies and their minds, leading them to poor shape.
There are reasons why one should strive to manage and maintain good health:
- Good fitness leads to happiness and success.
- Saves money that could have been used to treat and utilize savings in other areas. It is true when it is said that prevention is better than cure.
- Good health leads to personal efficiency. When one is in great health, they are able to be professional and do good work in their roles and jobs. There is motivation and energy that comes from people in good shape.
- It is also a great determiner of a person’s lifespan. Diseases lower a person’s lifespan that is why people should take care of their health to the best of their ability.
Health is important and it is never about having too much money, but using all the available means to ensure that people avoid unnecessary illness and stay fit. When one eats well, exercises, takes a lot of water, relaxes the mind and most importantly, retains a positive attitude, then one may say that he or she is indeed healthy in every aspect.